Monday, September 27, 2021

Meet My Mom: Rose

My mom, Rose Wride, is one of the most talented cooks and bakers I know. Whatever gifts in the kitchen that I possess can be directly attributed to her. She cooked and baked from scratch every single day for her six children, even though she worked full time.  

She has a bachelor's in home economics, and can sew, cook, bake, invent, clean, decorate, and cut hair. As the Director of Home Economics for Vita-Mix, she wrote The Versatile Vita-Mix cookbook published in 1993. Though she now works for the USDA, she continues to test recipes and make the most delicious meals and baked goods. I wish she could run a Bed & Breakfast, or even a bakery.


She is the real deal, and her talents and gifts have inspired me since I was a little girl wanting to learn to do the same things she did well.

So when you see a recipe with my mom's name next to it, like Rose's Rolls AKA Best Rolls Ever, you should definitely try it. Her recipes will make you famous within your circles.

No comments: